Metallic Print Labels
Get Flashy and Shiny With Custom Metallic Labels
If you want to stand out from the rest, it’s time to turn up the shine. Metallic print labels get the attention your product deserves. These custom labels sparkle and shine brightly under the light.
Use them as product labels, fancy address labels, name badges, stick-on holiday tags, or window stickers. The captivating and upscale look of your metallic print labels will make anyone want to do a second glance.
Behind the Scenes With Metallic Print Labels
Away from the glitz and glamour, metallic labels go through a simple printing process that involves these four elements:
- Substrate: A durable 70 lb. white sticker stock is used as the base. An easy to peel liner makes sticking your labels effortless.
- Silver Foil: A layer of silver foil is applied onto the base.
- CMYK Ink: Then CMYK ink is printed on top of the silver foil.
- UV Coating: A high-gloss UV coating finishes off the process. This coat covers the whole label’s surface, and makes your metallic accents shine more. It also lends a smooth finish that feels like polished metal.
Pro-Tip: You can make any color you can think of turn metallic with this printing process. You can even do metallic gradients for a unique twist.
Shape Your Way to Better Labeling
Custom metallic labels come in various sizes that range from 1.5” x 3.5” to 6” x 9”, including the very popular 2”x 2” size.
- Rectangle Labels are great for marking bottles and containers since they wrap nicely around them. The wider area also means you can add more text or graphics about your product.
- Square Labels are great when you want your product to stand out from the rest. This is also perfect for marking items with a narrower width. The shape is a great backdrop to highlight your logo too.
Pro-Tip: Turn your square labels sideways to make it a diamond-shaped label.
Push Your Labels to the Limit
Creating the most effective labels for your brand or product is easy if you follow these simple tips:
- Focus on color and type. Choose a typeface that is easy to read from any distance. Make sure your colors contrast well with metallic accents.
- Mind your product. Keep the container and product in mind when you design your metallic print label. Check if your label fits smoothly on the surface and also complements the container’s shape.
- Put your brand in the spotlight. Make your label design distinct and representative of your brand, product, or application.
Creating your custom metallic labels is easy with NextDayFlyers’ fast and high-quality label printing. Just upload your ready-made artwork to our website. You can also use our professional design service to help make metallic labels for your needs. Start designing today.
What is “printing turnaround”?
“Printing turnaround” is the number of days we need to produce your order. Weekends, holidays, and shipping time is not included.
Are your metallic print labels okay to get wet?
While the high-gloss UV coating of our labels provide some protection against moisture, our custom metallic labels are not waterproof.
How will my labels be delivered to me?
Your metallic labels will be shipped to you already cut-to-size and neatly boxed.
Metallic Printing File Preparation Guidelines
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each layer’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
How should I prepare my file for metallic printing?
You need to submit a file with two layers. For metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK layer and the silver foil mask layer.
The mask layer should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the images below show that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.