Spot UV Header Cards
Attract Buyers with Spot UV Header Cards
Spot UV header cards are an effective, professional way to brand packaged products. These bag toppers seal products—like candy, gourmet snacks, party supplies, jewelry, and hardware—that are packaged in poly bags or similar plastic bags.
Spot UV header card printing is a dazzling way to make your brand and product really pop out. Add the shine of spot UV to your logo, call to action, or any other part of your design to attract the attention of buyers.
Features That Shine a Light on Your Packaging
Spot UV header cards have a special glimmer that instantly stands out. Create your custom header cards today with features that will help make your product and brand stand out:
- Printed on thick 14 pt. cardstock for professional durability.
- Seven size options that ranges from the most common size of 3.5" x 4" (folds to 3.5" x 2") to as large as 5" x 8" (folds to 5" x 4").
- Add spot UV to any areas of your design that you want to shine. This high-gloss coating makes your logo, call to action, or other important parts of a design stand out with a glimmering shine.
- A sombrero hole lets you hang your merchandise on hanger displays. This mounting hole is located ¼” from the edge of your custom header card.
- Scored for easy folding and sealing. Put the product inside a poly bag, fold the header card over the top of the polybag, and staple to seal shut.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.
Is it possible to special order Spot UV Header Cards in a smaller size? I'm looking for something more around 2.5"x4", just an inch shorter than your minimum
Need a Layout Template?
Download any of the header card layout templates available.