Metallic Print Business Cards
Metallic Print Business Cards Make Your Business Shine
The dazzling look of foil-accented business cards is now easier to have, thanks to our metallic print business cards. Easily add metallic highlights to any part of your design. We use a special process where regular CMYK inks are applied on top of a reflective pigment. Unlike traditional foil finishes that restrict you to one color, the process we use allows you to add a metallic accent to any color or gradient you need. The range of shine and shimmer is virtually unlimited, allowing you to create business cards your customers won’t soon forget.
Metallic business cards can be ordered in the standard 2” x 3.5” as well as in a range of sizes from 1.5” x 3.5” to 2” x 4”, including square cards sized 2” x 2” and 2.5” x 2.5”.
The metallic design is printed on 16 pt. cardstock that boasts of the following features:
- A weight slightly thicker and heavier than the standard 14 pt. cardstock.
- You can write on the gloss surface with some permanent markers or ballpoint pens.
- Spot UV coating can be applied to certain areas in the artwork to highlight specific details
Why Use Metallic Business Cards
Like traditional foil business cards, metallic business cards offer a way to add metal highlights to parts of your card’s design. But unlike the traditional gold and silver foil cards, metallic print cards can have accents in any color, making them far more versatile than foil cards. Whereas foil cards were only popular for luxury brands because of the limited colors, new metallic print cards can also be used for any application where a metallic shine is needed.
Custom metallic card printing is often used to draw attention to important parts of a business card design. Metal-accented logos and contact details easily stand out and help you guide customers’ eyes to exactly where you want them. The fancy metal accents also suggest premium branding, making them a popular choice for businesses that offer luxury goods and services. Tech and design companies also like these cards for their futuristic looks.
Metallic Printing File Preparation Guidelines
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each layer’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
How should I prepare my file for metallic printing?
You need to submit a file with two layers. For metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK layer and the silver foil mask layer.
The mask layer should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the images below show that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.