6” x 9” Envelope Printing
Send Out Professional-Looking Mail With 6” x 9”Envelope Printing
Professionally-printed envelopes bring a level of importance to your mail while making sure your bulky documents fit in one package.
Custom printed 6” x 9” envelopes are sure to capture your recipients’ attention, so the chances of your mail being tossed aside or forgotten are slim to none.
6” x 9” envelopes feature a gummed flap and fit:
- 5.5” x 8.5" flat cards
- 11” x 8.5" folded cards, flyers, brochures (5.5x8.5" folded size)
- 5.5” x 8.5" booklets or catalogs
Anything that fits in these 6” x 9” envelopes are good to go, making it a handy and reliable tool to get your important messages across.
Choose From Two 6” x 9” Envelope Styles
- This style of envelope opens on the long side
- Easier to insert documents that should not be folded
- Perfect for machine document insertion
- Use for mailing price lists, statements, photos, and other flat documents
- With 1-color or full-color printing options
- Flap and opening are located on the short side of the envelope
- More commonly known as “open end” envelopes
- Contents do not easily spill out when the envelope is opened
- Perfect for catalogs, magazines, brochures, and policy or insurance documents that are meant to be folded
- Full-color printing is available for this style
Design Tips For 6” x 9” Envelopes
It’s not enough to just put your logo and company name on your 6” x 9” envelopes. If you want to make a big statement, you need to think out of the box.
- Take inspiration from your company logo, fonts, colors and themes.
- Pick a layout for your printed envelopes that combines and showcases your visual elements and design direction.
- If you are starting from scratch, it’s a good idea to hire a graphic designer to help you put your ideas to paper.
A good design can help generate more business for you. Presenting your company in a cohesive manner solidifies your authority and legitimacy in your line of business. Sending out custom-printed envelopes to carry your important message helps you achieve that.
What does “Printing Turnaround” mean?
“Printing turnaround” is the number of days it takes to produce your order. This starts once your print-ready artwork has been uploaded, and you’ve approved a hard copy or PDF proof. All turnaround days are based on working days and don’t include holidays, weekends, shipping time or direct mail processing time.
What is the difference between 1-color and full-color printing?
Full-color printing uses thick, heavy-duty 70 lb. opaque paper for its 6” x 9” envelopes. Your design can be printed on both the exterior front and back of these envelopes, but the envelope remains a crisp white.
1-color printing offers three ink color options: black, reflex blue, or standard red. Standard 24 lb. white paper is used for the envelopes, and your design can only be printed on the front. 1-color printing has a non-bleed print, so a thin white margin is retained on the edges.
What is a “gummed flap”?
A “gummed flap” refers to the sealing method of these 6” x 9” envelopes. The envelope flap features a thin layer of water-soluble gum that needs to be moistened to seal the envelope permanently.