Add a Level of Luxe to Your Brand
Silk postcard printing grabs attention with its stunningly smooth finish, and holds attention with its luxurious, silky feel.
Printed on 16 pt. cardstock with silk lamination, silk postcards are elegant, yet durable. Silk lamination is a thin layer of plastic coating that looks and feels like silk fabric, making silk postcards tear and water resistant.
Print silk postcards in full color with option to add spot UV coating for an elegant shine.
Sizes to Suit Every Need
Silk postcards are available in a wide variety of sizes to suit your needs. Some of the most popular sizes are:
- 4” x 6” is the standard and most cost-effective option. Perfect for sending big announcements, like grand openings or product launches, to a large number of people.
- 4.25” x 6” gives you a little more printing space for copy or an image.
- 5” x 7” is great for sending sales promotions with discount coupons.
- 5.5” x 8.5” provides plenty of space for your message and multiple images.
- 6” x 9” is big enough to stand out, yet still easy to hand to customers for keeping.
- 6” x 11” is the largest size available for mailing and sticks out in a mail pile.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.