Metallic Hang Tag Printing
Branding That Jumps Off the Shelves
Metallic hang tag printing adds life to ordinary hang tags. We add silver ink underneath regular colored ink which gives your custom hang tags a metallic shine. They’re perfect for promoting your brand in a retail setting.
Square It Off
Metallic hang tags can be oriented to be square (most popular shape) or rectangle. Print your clothing hang tags in one of these sizes:
- Square – 2” x 2” (most popular size), 2.5” x 2.5”, 3” x 3”, 3.5” x 3.5”
- Rectangle – 1.5” x 3.5”, 1.75” x 3.5”, 2” x 3.5”, 2” x 4”, 2” x 6”
Designed to Last
We use 16 pt. cardstock to really drive the point across – that metallic print hang tags are a premium product.
- Cardstocks this sturdy won’t easily bend
- Half the thickness of a credit card
- Complement high-end product offerings
Hang Tags That Shine
Hang tags can have gloss or high-gloss UV coating.
- Moderate amount of glossiness
- Make images and text pop while maintaining readability
- Protect hang tags against fingerprints
- Makes the surface reflective
- Can withstand frequent handling (perfect for hang tags)
- Attracts attention especially in well-lit areas
Add Emphasis With Spot UV
Spot UV is a special kind of coating. It’s applied to a specific part of your design such as logos and company name.
Benefits of Spot UV
- Adds accent to minimalist hang tag designs
- Draws customers to design elements you want them to notice
- Creates even more shine for your hang tags to really stand out
Can you explain what turnaround time means?
It’s the number of business days it would take to print your full-color hang tags. Note that mailing time is not included.
Do your hang tags come with strings?
No. However, we can add hole drilling for you to easily insert your own string. Our holes are ?” in diameter.
How different is spot UV from high-gloss UV?
Spot UV is applied to a specific part of your design like your logo. High-gloss UV is applied over the entire surface.
Metallic Printing File Preparation Guidelines
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each layer’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
How should I prepare my file for metallic printing?
You need to submit a file with two layers. For metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK layer and the silver foil mask layer.
The mask layer should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the images below show that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.