Metallic Bookmarks That Make Things Marvelous
Capture the bookworm market with metallic bookmarks. Book lovers are likely to keep a shiny, attractive bookmark for their next read. Give personalized bookmarks away at a big sale or at your next book launch.
Shine Light and Shine Bright
To distinguish the shine, make custom bookmarks that have a pastel based palette or are focused on lighter hues. You’re free to apply the foil-like effect to more than one shade.
Be Part of a Page Turner
Choose from three standard sizes for your metallic bookmarks.
- 2” x 6” is the most popular size available. It is highly recommended for designs highlighting typography, longer text, or large images
- 2” x 3.5” is a smaller alternative to our more popular size.
- 2” x 4” is slightly larger than the previous size but still works as a handy, easy to keep bookmark.
Always Premium, Consistently Substantial
We print all custom-made metallic bookmarks on 16 pt. cardstock, which is our thickest material option. Its substantial weight assures customers that they’ll have a bookmark for the rest of their reading pile.
Protect your cardstock with high-gloss UV coating or keep the surface uncoated for a subdued, elegant touch.
Be Easy to Spot
Apply spot UV printing to enhance specific parts of your custom bookmarks. The smooth, glossy coating draws attention immediately to your logo, book title, or contact details. You could also utilize spot UV to emphasize a large image.You can also add 1/8" hole drilling to the metallic bookmark. All holes are placed on the top center area. Both small and large quantities arrive safely in a box upon delivery. Start planning a memorable book event. Order your custom bookmarks with NextDayFlyers today.
How should I prepare my bookmark file for metallic printing?
You need to submit two file types for metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK file and the silver foil mask file.
The mask file should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the file below shows that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic bookmark design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each file’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 pts.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 pt.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic printing areas. The spot UV area cannot overlap with the metallic printing section
How should I prepare my bookmark file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template file that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.
By when can I expect my metallic bookmark order?
We need a total of 6 business days to produce the metallic bookmark. Shipping time is not included in the turnaround time and begins on the date after the sixth date. To find out when your order will arrive, select “Get Delivery Estimate” on the online calculator and input your zip code.