30 Quick Tips for Effective Business Card Marketing
If you think that business card marketing involves merely taking out your card and giving it to anyone, you’re unfortunately mistaken. It takes a little creative thinking to get a much larger return on your investment. Making connections and building relationships is an art form. And you should always think beyond the obvious in order to stand out.
There are many ways to create new leads your business cards besides just keeping them in your wallet. You will be amazed at how far a few thousand business cards can go when they are placed in the right location and given to the right people.
We’ve compiled quick tips for effective business card marketing below. If one doesn’t fit your target demographic exactly, think how you can tweak it slightly. Many of these ideas can be easily adjusted to fit any product or service. All you have to do is know your target audience, know your own business, and think creatively! We hope this list will inspire you to make the most of your business cards.
Business Card Marketing Tips
1. Ask or pay local restaurants to let you place business cards near the checkout counter.
2. Find local businesses related to your product or service and leave cards at the counter.
3. Stick some of your business cards on college campus bulletin boards.
4. Create a viral video or photo that includes your business card or create a viral business card design.
5. Pay college students to hand out your cards on different local campuses.
6. Search for other public bulletin boards to leave your business cards on.
7. Place your cards in doors of local homes.
8. Partner with hotels to leave your cards in the hotel rooms of guests.
10. Hire people to hand out your cards in high traffic areas such as in a city.
11. Give your cards out to family and friends so they can give them away when needed.
12. Network with other local business owners and exchange business cards.
13. Offer people a finders fee and give them business cards to pass out.
14. Give more than one business card, so your recipients can give copies as they see fit.
15. Print business cards as mini holiday greeting cards.
16. Mail business cards with promo codes that customers need to bring in to get a discount.
17. Create a street team and give members business cards and other promotional items to hand out.
18. If you have an area where people fall in line, such as checkout counters, leave a stack of your cards where they can reach it. Current customers are one of the most likely audience to check for your other services and they will be tempted to check your card.
19. If you need to jot down a note to give to someone, use your business card.
20. Get taxi drivers and companies to place a small holder with your business cards on the divider window of their cabs or on the seats.
21. Staple a business card to any invoice or estimates you send out.
22. Many neighborhoods have welcome wagons to greet new residents. See if you can include business cards for your service.
23. Apartment buildings often give new renters welcome sheets with a list of recommended services. Get on that list and print out cards for them to give away.
25. Post your business card design on classifieds such as craigslist.org.
26. Make sure everyone who works for you has standard or personalized business cards. Personal cards can boost employee morale.
27. Give away a business card with every product you ship.
28. Attend community events, network there and hand out your cards.
29. Contact shopping centers and work out a deal so you can leave business cards on car windshields. Check out city and state laws however, in case it’s illegal in your area.
30. Partner with real estate agents and agencies to get your business cards to new home buyers.
I hope you got some great ideas from our business card marketing tips list. If you’re ready to start your marketing campaign, we would be happy to partner with you. Here at NextDayFlyers, we offer amazing business card printing service, lightning fast shipping and affordable pricing.
Have you thought of any more creative business card marketing tips? Please post them in the comments below so we can expand this list.