Metallic Sell Sheets
Put a Glimmer in Their Eyes
Print metallic sell sheets, or sales sheets, as they are often called, to capture the attention of everyone who lays eyes on them. Once you draw them in, use metallic sell sheets to inform and educate people about the products and services you offer. Sell sheets are an effective marketing tool for products, properties, stores, restaurants and more.
The Beauty of Metallic Printing
Metallic sell sheet printing adds shimmer to any color. Silver foil is layered beneath CMYK colors during the printing process resulting in a colorful shine.
You can use multiple colors in foil and add gradients, if you’d like.
Spot UV is available, too. It draws focus to any part of your design with a high gloss coat.
Use Your Own Awesome Artwork
Just upload your design file and our printing experts will check your artwork to make sure it’s print-ready.
If you don’t have your own artwork, it’s no problem at all. You can use one of our free, downloadable file setup templates.
How to Prepare Your Artwork Files
Check to make sure your artwork files meet these requirements:
- Images and artwork should be at least 300 dpi
- Make sure your file is in CMYK color mode
- 1/8" (0.125") bleed around the trim size
- 1/8" (0.125") safe zone inside the trim line—1/4" (0.25") from the bleed line
Can I see a proof before printing starts?
Yes, we offer a free file proofing service to ensure the artwork is error-free before it goes to print. Our highly-skilled prepress team checks your design to see if it meets printing standards. We highly recommend this service—especially if you’re on a tight deadline, in a rush, or have specific design concerns.
Does the printing time include shipment to my address?
Printing time is the number of days it takes to produce your order. We can print metallic sell sheets in 6 business days. To find out when your custom labels will arrive, type your ZIP code after selecting “Estimate Shipping Cost and Delivery Date” in our online calculator.
Metallic Printing File Preparation Guidelines
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each layer’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
How should I prepare my file for metallic printing?
You need to submit a file with two layers. For metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK layer and the silver foil mask layer.
The mask layer should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the images below show that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.