Set an Elegant Tone for Your Event With Metallic Invitations
Metallic invitation printing sets the stage for an elegant event.Available in flat and folded styles, metallic invitations are an exquisite choice for special business and nonprofit events.
Printed on 16 pt. cardstock, metallic invitations come in full color. Silver foil is layered beneath the colors to create a stunning sparkle.
Put a Glimmer in Their Eyes
Metallic invitations have an eye-catching glimmer that gets noticed and remembered. There are a variety of ways to enhance these personalized invitations to call attention to your design:
- Add gradients to create more depth.
- Add spot UV coating
- Choose from flat or folded styles in a wide range of sizes, including 4.25” x 5.5” (most popular), and can be paired with envelopes.
Metallic Printing File Preparation Guidelines
What should I keep in mind while creating the metallic design?
Use these design guidelines to create an effective metallic design:
- Font size should be above 12 points.
- Use Sans Serif fonts for readability.
- The metallic shine is most evident in lighter colors. It will be less obvious in darker colors.
- The mask and CMYK design file should match one another. Make sure each layer’s respective elements align with the other version of the design.
How should I prepare my file for metallic printing?
You need to submit a file with two layers. For metallic printing orders: the standard CMYK layer and the silver foil mask layer.
The mask layer should show where the metallic printing will be applied. Mark the metallic area with 100% K or black and then render the non-metallic parts in white.
For example, the images below show that the logo in black will be metallic, while the white background is the non-metallic section.
Spot UV File Preparation Guidelines
What are the best design practices for spot UV printing?
- Limit the text’s font size to a minimum of 7 or 8 points.
- Border and stroke should be above 1.5 points.
- Place a 1/16” gap between spot UV and metallic or foil printing areas. The spot UV areas cannot overlap with the metallic or foil printing sections.
How should I prepare my file for spot UV printing?
Your regular color file should come with a spot UV template layer that shows where to apply the spot UV printing.
Apply 100% K to the section that will have spot UV.
Color all other areas without spot UV as white.
Need a Layout Template?
Download any of the metallic invitation layout templates available..