Here is our checklist to make sure that you properly set up your file and make it press-ready.
- File dimensions match the order. If your printout is an 8.5” x 11” brochure, the file that you will send to us should be the same.
- The image resolution of the file should be in 300 dots per inch (dpi) or higher.
- Your artwork should have a 1/8″ bleed and important content is within the safety zone which is 1/8″ inside the trim marks. This will ensure that there are no white borders along the paper edges and that the text and elements don’t accidentally get cut. Refer to our layout guide templates in our standard templates page.
- Your artwork should be in CMYK color mode. Computers use an RGB color mode that is different from the CMYK color mode used by printers. Changing your artwork to CMYK will ensure the accuracy of the colors in the finished print out.
- When sending a PDF file, or any of our accepted file formats, make sure that your fonts are embedded. This will make the text of your design crisp and accurate.
- Your artwork should have no crop, template marks, and other markings that you don’t want to print on your final image.
- The number of pages in your pdf should match the number of pages specified in your order
- Don’t forget to proofread. We do not check your file for grammar, spelling, or content accuracy. All of thesecan be changed in your choice of photo editing software.