Deliver only the best to your customers.
Create custom carton boxes that reflect your brand identity. Elegantly designed, branded boxes give the unboxing experience a whole new depth for your clients. Whether used for e-commerce fulfillment, subscription boxes, or product packaging, custom cartons deliver an experience uniquely yours.
Choose a Custom Carton for Any Occasion
A carton is a box or container usually made of cardstock or corrugated cardboard. These are usually used as packaging material, whether as primary, secondary, or tertiary packaging. The best example for cartons are cereal boxes – they are lightweight, simple, and maximize surface space to communicate all necessary brand or nutrition information.
The key difference between cartons and other packaging boxes, such as rigid mailers, is that cartons are shipped flat and unassembled, saving space in your storage until you’re ready to use them. Rigid boxes , while sturdy and elegant-looking, are shipped as-is and cannot be folded. This is the greatest value of carton boxes for big businesses and startups alike. Since they ship flat, transportation and warehousing costs are lower, they far more cost-effective, plus the production time is shorter.
Custom carton boxes from NextDayFlyers can be printed using the following materials:
- Cardstock – Cardstock carton boxes are best used for small and lightweight products. Its smooth surface lens well to vivid, high-quality printing that’s perfect for premium products. You can choose between 14 pt., 18 pt., and 24 pt. thickness.
- Corrugated Cardboard – The fluted design of corrugated cardboard adds protection to your items while in transit or in storage. It’s ideal for larger, heavier items. You can choose from standard white, premium white with glossy ink, and brown kraft.
NextDayFlyers offers three different configurations for carton boxes. Choose one that fits your requirements best:
- Product Boxes are the only carton box that use cardstock. These are ideal for smaller and lighter items. Ideal for essential oils, cosmetics, trinkets, and other premium items.
- Mailer Boxes are perfect for e-commerce and subscription boxes. Being mid-sized, these can immediately showcase your products upon opening, adding a wow factor that cannot be replicated.
- Shipping Boxes are best for items traveling long distances and will be handled multiple times. The use of corrugated cardboard protects the products inside from dents, bumps, and scratches while in transit and storage.
Can I order a sample carton box?
Yes, you can. You can order one custom box made according to your specifications as a sample. Choose ‘1’ from the quantity dropdown menu and complete the order process. If you’re happy with your sample custom carton box, you can proceed in making a larger order.
Is full color printing available for carton boxes?
Yes. You can print full color designs inside and outside the box. Use our 3D online design tool to check how your design looks before printing.
What is the printing turnaround time for carton boxes?
Our carton boxes are all custom made. The production time for an order of custom carton boxes takes 15-20 business days. An expedited option is available and will take 6-8 business days. If you’ll be ordering a sample, it usually takes between 3-5 business days.
Can I create my custom box design online?
Yes. NextDayFlyers provides an online design tool where you can create custom artwork for your cartons. It is simple, intuitive, and easy to use. You can add images, shapes, colors, and text. A 3D preview of both the interior and exterior of the custom design reflecting the changes you made can be viewed in real time as well.
Can I check the artwork before it’s printed?
Yes, you can. Once you’ve finished creating your design online, or during checkout after requesting a dieline template, you can select the option to request a PDF proof for approval. We will only start printing your order once you approve the proof.